Cashew Chicken Noodle Stir Fry (GF) (DF)
Cashew Chicken Noodle Stirfry
http://akromion.com.hr/css/jquery.fancybox.css This delicious cashew chicken noodle stir fry is a wonderful and healthy dinner recipe full of flavour. Stirfrys are also an easy and quick dinner option, which means you can make a nutritious meal with minimal fuss.
- 1 tbsp chinese rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame or peanut oil
- 500 grams of chicken thigh fillets
- 100 grams roasted cashew nuts
- 1 medium onion
- 100 grams broccoli (no stem)
- 4 medium carrots
- 100 grams snow peas (mange tout)
- 1 medium chili (hot pepper)
- 1 pack of gluten free Hokkien or rice noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- I like to start my stir fry but cutting all the vegetables up. You can really cut the onion, broccoli, chili and carrot anyway you like. My preference is to cut the broccoli into bite able slices, carrot into small sticks, and chili and onions into thin slices also.
- Next its best to prepare the chicken thigh fillets but cutting into small slices.
- Then pour the oil into a wok or fry pan and turn up to a high heat.
- Add the onions for 1 minute until the start to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Next add the chicken for 2-5 minutes. I find its best not to stir too frequently; leaving the chicken on one side for a few minutes allows the chicken to get a slightly browned finish to the meat.
- Once the chicken is partially cooked, add the sauce and mix through thoroughly.
- Next add the vegetables and cashew nuts into the wok/pan and stir through. Leave to cook for approximately 10 minutes whilst stirring occasionally.
- Whilst waiting for the stir fry to finish you can get started on your noodles. Your noodles will need to sit in boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Drain once you’re happy they are malleable.
- Once your stir fry is cooked and you are happy that your noodles are cooked as well, turn down the heat and add the noodles to the wok.
- Give it a nice stir through for about a minute and then it will be ready to serve!