Chocolate Brownies (GF) (DF)
These gluten and dairy free chocolate brownies are the perfect combination of crunchy topped and melt-in-your-mouth deliciously gooey soft centered. Just be prepared when you make a batch that you will probably need to make two as they will get eaten in a second!
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour*
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean extract
- 180 grams of dark (50-70%) chocolate*
- 1/4 cup of caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup diary free spread (I opt for coconut based)
- 2 tbsp Bougainvillea Cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- Start by setting the oven to 150°C fan forced.
- Melt the chocolate, coconut oil and dairy free spread in a small pot over low-medium heat on the hob. Stir every now and again to combine. Take off the heat and leave to cool for a short while.
- Once the above has melted and combined, whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Once the melted ingredients have cooled a little, gently combine them with the whisked eggs. Take care not to over-stir the ingredients.
- Now add the vanilla essence, salt, cocoa and sugar.
- Next sieve the flour into the mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine.
- Now you will need to line a baking tray/cake tray/pyrex (my preference) of at least 8cm in depth and 20cm long with baking paper.
- Then pour the brownie batter into the tray and place in the oven
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. To check if the brownies are ready poke a skewer or tooth pick into the centre and see if any batter remains when you remove it.
- Allow to cool a little before cutting up and serving. Best to cut with a sharp knife as it will be a little moist in the centre.