Crispy Skinned Salmon (GF) (DF)
Crispy Skinned Salmon
This is an easy recipe for delicious crispy skinned salmon, which is a wonderful healthy dinner or lunch option. Salmon is a wonderful fish full of healthy nutrients including Omega-3. Best served with a hearty salad and/or a potato-based side.
- 200 gram boneless salmon tail fillet
- 1 tbsp dairy free spread (I opt for coconut based)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Sea-salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Give the salmon fillet a quick rinse under the tap and remove any rogue bones or scales.
- Then pat dry the salmon skin with paper towel and pop it in a Tupperware container with the skin facing up.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or over low heat on the stove.
- Gently pour the melted butter over the salmon skin whilst rubbing it in with your hand.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper over the buttered skin and then rub in well with your fingers.
- Pop a lid on the Tupperware container containing the salmon fillet and put it into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Once ready to cook, preheat the oven to the grill (fan forced if possible) at 200°C.
- Leave the salmon to rest out of the fridge for at least 10 minutes before placing under the grill.
- Place the salmon, skin-side up, onto a piece of aluminium foil and then place on the top shelf of the oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes (depending on how pink you like the centre of your salmon to be) and serve immediately.
This recipe is for just one serving of Salmon, simply increase the quantity for the number of servings you require.