Lasagna (GF) (DF)
This delicious gluten and dairy free lasagna recipe is one of my all time favourite dishes and people have always been shocked when I tell them that it is gluten and lactose free. Perfect hearty dish which can easily be stored in the fridge or frozen for later (its is often even better the next day!).
Ingredients – Bolognese Sauce:
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp dairy free spread
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil (or 4 fresh leaves chopped)
- pinch of ground chilli
- 1/2 tsp of dried oregano (or 4 fresh leaves chopped)
- 1/4 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 x 400ml cans of diced or chopped tomatoes
- 100ml of tomato paste
- 150ml red wine (such as Shiraz)
- 2 pinches of sugar
- 500g minced meat (I like to do half pork and half beef)
Ingredients – Bechamel Sauce:
- 8tbsp of gluten-free flour*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4tbsp of dairy-free spread or coconut/olive oil
- 2 cups of lactose-free or coconut milk*
Ingredients – Pasta
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour*
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g grated lactose-free cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Start by making the pasta using this handmade pasta recipe.
- Whilst you let the pasta sit, before you knead and cut it, you can commence making the rest of your elements by following these recipes for bolognese sauce and bechamel sauce.Pre-heat your oven to 200°C or 180°C fan forced.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C or 180°C fan forced.
- Once you have all your elements ready you can start to layer the lasagana. Start by using the olive oil to coat the lasagna dish or pyrex. Then layer as follows (each sauce layer should be about 1cm thick):
- Make 3 layers as above and then a final layer of bechamel sauce.
- Put Lasagna in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the top layer is golden.
- Remove Lasagna from oven and cover in the grated cheese.
- Put back in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.