Lemon Meringue Tartlets (GF)
Lemon Meringue Tartlets
Phentermine Online South Africa These gluten free lemon meringue tartlets are delicious and an excellent and easy dessert for when you have lots of guests over.http://powersresources.com/index.php/182nfueck-drn32yzja5cx610-uy26139-tygrnqjkub
- 3 lemons juiced plus a little of the rind for zest.
- 250g butter
- 1 cup of plain gluten free flour*
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean extract (or vanilla essence)
- 3 eggs
- 220g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 an orange, juiced.
- Start by making the pastry casings for the tartlets.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced.
- Once the oven is on, mix 150g of butter, the flour, 100g of sugar and a pinch of salt together in either a food processor or by hand (melt the butter first) until just combined.
- Then take a small golf-sized ball of the dough and press it evenly into the tartlet casings using your fingers. Make sure the pastry is not too thin on the sides or the bottom so that it does not crack after baking. You want it to be about 8mm thick.
- Fill the tartlet casing with baking beans.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove baking beans once they have cooled. Do not turn off the oven.
- Whilst the tartlet cases are in the oven you can make the lemon filling.
- Start by separating the eggs keeping the egg whites for the meringue topping.
- Then whisk the eggs with 200g of sugar, a pinch of salt, orange juice, lemon juice, vanilla bean extract and lemon zest.
- Melt the remaining butter and slowly whisk it into the lemon and egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the tartlet cases.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. (Do not turn off the oven when you remove them.)
- Whilst the lemon tartlets are baking we can make the meringue.
- Using an electric beater in a deep bowl (to avoid splashes) whisk the egg whites until peaks begin to form.
- Then continuing the whisk at a lower rate, add the cornflour and remaining caster sugar.
- Once the lemon tartlets have cooled to room temperature, spoon a few tablespoons of meringue mixture on top, making sure to maintain the peaks by dipping and lifting the spoon in the centre of the meringue.
- Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes and remove once meringue goldens and hardens.
- Now you can turn the oven off!
- Best enjoyed with whipped cream.