Pancakes (GF, DF)
These gluten and dairy free pancakes are light, fluffy and delicious. Perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- 1 cup of gluten-free self-raising flour*
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of lactose-free or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or dairy-free spread
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and add remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the vanilla bean extract and eggs and mix together until combined.
- Slowly pour the milk in whilst stirring until you have a good consistency (you do not want your pancakes to be too runny or too thick. To check you have the correct thickness fill a tbsp with the batter and then tip it to the side and count how many seconds it takes to fall out/empty. A good batter will take about 4 seconds and leave a small coating on the spoon.)
- Leave mixture for 15-20 minutes. This will help the batter to even out (remove lumps) and thicken up.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add half the coconut oil/dairy free spread.
- Taking the pan off the heat, pour approximately a sixth of the bater into the pan and slowly move the pan in a circular motion so that your bater creates an even circle.
- Put back on the heat.
- Flip pancake once bubbles start to form in the bater.
- Cook for a further 30-45 seconds on the other side and then remove to plate.