Quinoa & Goats Cheese Salad (GF)
This Quinoa salad is hearty, delicious and goes well with fish, steaks and lamb. Full of healthy amino acides, Quinoa is a wonderful, nutty and filling grain. I have used red Quinoa for this recipe as I love the vibrant colour and find this variety is my favourite, however, feel free to substitute it for your favourite variety of Quinoa.
- 1/2 cup red Quinoa seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 80g baby spinach
- Canned beetroot (or one whole roasted beetroot)
- 1 cucumber
- 80g soft goats cheese
- 1/2 red onion
- balsamic vinegar.
- Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions and add salt.
- Dice and add the cucumber and red onion.
- Cut the betroot into wedges and add to salad.
- Add baby spinach.
- Mix the salad through.
- Splash the balsamic vinegar over the salad and crumble the goats’ cheese on top.
Whilst goats cheese is not lactose free, nor is it much lower in lactose than cheese made from cows, many people who suffer from lactose intolerance can eat small amounts of goats cheese with minimal to no reaction. This is because the protein and fats structure in goats milk is different and easier to digest than many other animal milks. As such, I often include goats cheese in items like my salads in place of traditional cheeses.